Motorcycles are a great way of getting around in heavy traffic, but when it comes to insurance, motorcycles have the same requirements as cars in Texas (TX). Allen, TX is regularly ranked, nationally, as a great place to live for several reasons, including safety and quality of life. Bearing that in mind, contact Texas Independent Insurance to make sure you and your motorcycle are covered.
Motorcycle insurance is a type of auto insurance. In TX, in addition to being insured, motorcycles need to be registered and titled. Mopeds and motor-driven cycles similarly fall under the category of motorcycle insurance.
Motorcycle insurance has several subcategories of coverage.
- Collision Coverage is to cover the repair or replacement of your motorcycle as a result of an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage is for vandalism and damage because of things like hail and fire.
- Liability Coverage is one of the most important aspects of motorcycle insurance in TX and is subdivided into three. The accident itself, the injuries of another person, and damage sustained to property. Carefully review these amounts to ensure you have enough coverage.
- Medical bills coverage is for injuries that you and your passengers may sustain, this can be supplemented with PIP insurance. TX requires all auto insurance policies to include PIP coverage. PIP stands for personal injury protection
- A final important category of coverage is for if the other driver is underinsured or uninsured and you need to claim from your insurance. Like PIP, it must be included.
In the interest of safety, before you head off into the sunset with your new wheels and the engine at full throttle, make contact with Texas Independent Insurance serving the city of Allen, TX today.